Nav

Monday, June 3, 2013

Conception by Jennifer Hartz

Published By: Desert Breeze Publishing
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Release Date: 30 August 2010
Provided By: Jennifer Hartz
Series: Future Savior Series
“I do not think it is a question of where, but when,” were the words that Charis left my mother with thirty years ago when I disappeared from Meric…before I was born.

Shortly after being sent back I’ve been attacked by man-eating Vaipes. I’ve learned that my father was a power wielding Guardian. I’ve discovered that the silvery-blue eyes intriguing me my entire life belong to my Watcher, Shaw who is without a doubt the most handsome man I have ever seen. And somehow I need to stop a war-mongering tyrant who can manipulate people’s thoughts.

So my question isn’t where or when. It is how? How can I help the people of Meric when I can’t stop myself from falling in love?
- My Review -
Thrown into a world full of green chickens and unicorn horses, Christina Vaughn is thrust from the present day world into the reality of Meric. Taken from it thirty years ago to protect her from an evil queen, Christina is the princess of Northern Meric. Hailed to be the "savior" she is suppose to be able to have powers similar to her deceased father, King Davis. But having been raised in a world with nothing magical, Christina clueless. In Jennifer Hartz's first Future Savior book, Conception readers become introduced to flurry of creatures and characters. And are enticed by the romance, and the journey that Christina must make to become the prohesized "savior".

Unable to basically defend herself in Meric, Christina has to rely on a man she never known in actuality except for his blue eyes. Shaw, Christina's Watcher with these silver-bleu eyes, has been her protector since conception. And has been following her since, even being transported with her into the present and back to Meric again. Due to Shaw's ability to shape shift he has been a teacher, student, and many other individuals throughout Christina's life making sure she was safe. When Shaw is revealed to her in his true identity, Christina is immediately taken with him and his blue eyes.

Reality soon settles in though that Christina is not here just for fun and games. But, to save a land that neither have been to in thirty years. Shaw, a great warrior of the elves, is gladly welcomed back to Meric for his skills in battle are hailed throughout the land. Christina, however, is expected by the communities of northern Meric to save a land she's never actually stepped foot in, until now. And it might be a little too much pressure for someone that has only handled teaching health and physical education her whole life. Guided by a handful of other charactres and a seer named Charis, Christina must some how gain the courage and ability to fight an evil queen. One that killed her father, destroyed her home, and that will kill Christina at all costs.

Conception by Jennifer Hartz is an original romance fantasy that will intrigue readers to continue past the first book and dive into the series. An enjoyable change to the typical fantasy, Christina's journey shows more than just a developing of her own power and romance. But also how her ability to cope with her surroundings will lead her to plausible victory. The Future Savior series also has several other published books, including: Resurrection, Evacuation, and Desecration.

- Links -

No comments:

Post a Comment